Monday, February 25, 2013

Culinary Journey

For whatever reason, I sometimes get squeamish talking about food, weight, and fitness outside of a few choice people. The reason is, different things work for different people. Few fitness programs or eating plans can be applied to multiple people without personal adjustments being made. I think the cornerstone to good health (the part we can control) is learning about ourselves and what we like, first and foremost. What healthy foods do I like to eat? what unhealthy foods do I like to eat and when do I usually eat them? what form of exercising do I actually like to do and what time of day is best for me? We are the only people who can answer these questions.

These thoughts come as I make some big changes this year. I scrapped my old workouts for others that have me challenged and energized. Most importantly, I swapped my old way of eating, which was often unplanned and half-hearted, for the kind of eating that requires me to do dishes four times on a Saturday (not an exaggeration). I decided to educate myself, to review my eating and make a plan for my health—the kind of plan that involves a lifetime of learning and loving to cook, eat, and to keep moving. Every day is a game of chess that I play with myself: finding a delicious recipe and making it healthy or finding a dessert that makes your mouth water but has only natural ingredients.

So here is to the adventure of finding our personal path to health, our own road to renewed energy and sustained eating. And if you'd like to be a part of my adventure, I have created a new page on my blog for Clean Eating, which is my new philosophy. Every week I try new recipes and will report!

No comments:

Post a Comment